It’s hard to believe the first month of summer is almost in the books! I teach at our church’s vacation bible school every summer, and I also volunteer for a day camp for children with diabetes. Both of these week-long camps are in June, and having two weeks fully booked seems to make the month fly by. By the time Camp Rainbow wraps up next week, we will be closing in on the Fourth of July!
I tend to geek out a little with dressing the part for certain holidays! I like for everyone to get in full patriotic mode on the Fourth, especially the kids. I think they look so adorable in their flag-inspired outfits! They usually just end up in their swimsuits, though, so I try to refrain from buying up every single red, white, and blue outfit I see in their sizes. I was in Gap Kids today and picked up this swimsuit for my daughter (this one is also super cute) and this cute tee for my son. He was thrilled that it had a flag AND baseball bats! He is still fitting into last year’s swimsuit, and this one has been a favorite for two summers now. You can never go wrong with seersucker!
This Cremieux blue and white striped maxi dress is perfect for anyJuly 4th plans. The linen blend is cool and breezy, and the style is forgiving so I can indulge in as much barbecue as I like! This red bangle adds a festive pop without forcing the look into the literal zone, and neutral accessories keep the focus on the dress. Here, I’m carrying my ooooold Prada hobo bag. There is not a thing you can’t wear with this bag, and I have gotten my money’s worth a million times over. This bag is a great example of a good fashion investment for a timeless staple! Although this exact style is no longer available, this updated version is stunning!
I hope your holiday plans are fun and festive and spent with people you love! Here is a little playlist inspo for your Fourth. Happy birthday, America!!
- “American Baby” — Dave Matthews Band
- “This Land is Your Land” — Neil Young & Crazy Horse
- “Firework” — Katy Perry
- “America” —Waylon Jennings
- “Rockin’ in the Free World” — Neil Young
- “Homegrown” — Zac Brown Band
- “Party in the U.S.A.” — Miley Cyrus (I know, I know…but the kids LOVE it!)
- “Freedom” — George Michael
- “Living in the Promiseland” — Willie Nelson
- “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.” — John Mellencamp
- “The Star Spangled Banner” — Whitney Houston
- “Born in the U.S.A.” — Bruce Springsteen
- “Living in America” — James Brown
- “American Boy” — Estelle feat. Kanye West
- “America” — Simon & Garfunkel
- “God Bless America” — Celine Dion
- “American Pie” — Don McLean
- “American Girl” — Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- “Independence Day” — Martina McBride
- “Freedom” — Jimi Hendrix
- “Young Americans” — David Bowie
- “God Bless the U.S.A.” — Lee Greenwood
- “Pink Houses” — John Mellencamp
- “America” — Neil Diamond
- “Fourth of July” — Robert Earl Keen
- “America the Beautiful/Dixie Lullaby/Chicken Fried” — Zac Brown Band & Leon Russell
- “This Land is Your Land” — Counting Crows (random, but I really like this version!)
- “In America” — Charlie Daniels Band
Dress: Cremieux (other pretty striped maxis here, here, here, and here) | Bag: Prada, old (here, here, and here for similar) | Wedges: Tory Burch, old (here, here, and here for similar) | Red Bangle: here and here for similar | Turquoise and gold ring: here, here, and here for similar | Earrings: Devon Leigh, sold out (here and here for similar) | Gold Bangle: Marco Bicego | Initial Charm Bangle: Alex & Ani | Feather Cuff: here and here for similar | Nail Polish: Essie Geranium